We are looking for a responsible, detail oriented professional, who is engaged and is willing to learn. Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.
Position is 20 to 30 hours per week. Some functions can be performed at home with a proven track record. Wage is negotiable depending on experience.
Operations Coordinator/Outside Sales
Aids in the coordination of activities to prepare for in house and off site events. Primary responsibilities include creation and management of pack lists, pack room organization and cleanliness, pack room inventory, and catering and delivery staff scheduling. Assists Event and Catering Director in increasing business presence in community in numerous ways, including but not limited to attending fairs, expos and festivals.
- Oversee all pack room organization including, pack box breakdown, laundry and linen organization and management, disposable goods storage and inventory tracking.
- Create and manage pack lists for all events, both in house and off site at least 1 week prior to event when possible. Update as necessary.
- Monitor calendar daily for new events and updates to scheduled events. Create and update pack lists as necessary to reflect changes.
- Print, distribute and upload pack lists to necessary parties, including executive chef, sous chef, catering staff, in house staff and delivery drivers.
- Manage catering and event staff schedules for all events and deliveries, in house and off site. Includes vehicle assignments and event staffing.
- Assign shifts and monitor staffing schedules in When I Work.
- Send out weekly “event email” detailing upcoming events, staffing needs, delivery schedules and additional pertinent information including directions, parking, dress codes, update as necessary throughout week as client changes come in. Information will be found in the calendar and updated by Director, with additional information communicated via calendar or email.
- Weekly management of catering item inventory tracking system for pack room.
- Forecast needs of pack room and delivery staff for upcoming week, including number of chafing dishes, linen management, and additional pack room supplies.
- Communicate weekly with executive chef for inventory and stock reordering.
- Be available for additional catering needs, including deliveries, setup, breakdown and serving.
- Maintain pack room cleanliness and organization.
- Weekly cleaning and organization of pack room.
- Perform post event follow up, including thank you letters, with clients via email.
- Obtain post event feedback from delivery and catering staff.
- Promote catering and event services using flyers, cold calling, social media, blogging, festivals and fairs to spark attention.
- Analyze event performance and give feedback for continual improvement efforts.
- Ensure company brand is defined and represented through events.
- Inform Event and Catering Director of any staff needs, including uniforms, catering items and additional supplies.
- Perform additional job duties as needed.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to think outside the box
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Comfortable with communicating with onsite contact in a professional manner as a representative of our company
- Availability to work days, nights or weekends when assigned
- Valid Driver’s License
- GED or high school diploma
- Email and Phone access
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds safely
- Must be able to obtain Food Handlers Permit through Spokane Regional Health District (within 30 days of hiring)
- Must be able to obtain alcohol mixology servers permit through Washington State (within 30 days of hiring)
- Reliable transportation (personal vehicle if primary delivery driver)
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
- Sales experience is helpful