Before you know it a blanket of snow will cover Spokane, invites for holiday gatherings will go out and the cheer of Christmas music will fill the air. Don’t get caught out in the cold by waiting until the last minute to plan your holiday gatherings. Nectar Catering and Events has been bringing cheer to winter events for eight years. Our talented and creative culinary team is ready to serve you. Whether you are hosting a small gathering of 15 in your own home or you are having a big off site party for your entire office we can be there to ensure the food and beverage part of your event goes off without a hitch. Check out our 2017 Holiday Catering Menu.
Peace of Mind
Each year, in just the few short weeks of December we cater nearly 100 events. Our staff is not only experienced, the food we provide will always wow your guests. Below is what you can expect from the Nectar team:
- Timely communication: Our full time Event and Catering lead will walk you through every step of the process. We do this for a living, so let us help with all the details that you might not think of.
- Prompt service: Our delivery team will be on site to set your event up with everything needed to keep it hot and tasting delicious. We will return at the end of the event to clean everything up and take the stress of doing dishes with us! If you need servers to stay on site for your event, we can help with that too.
- Delicious food: Chef Steven and his culinary team have a combined 25 years of experience. We pride ourselves in providing full flavor meals and appetizers that are a step above the average experience.
- Bar service: Need us to bring our bar license to your event? We can cater beer and wine too! You get peace of mind with our liquor license liability and insurance, a licensed bar server and a variety of options to fit your budget.
- Experience that counts: We understand that you have many options when picking a caterer for your event. We have the experience you need to take care of all the details so you can enjoy your event.
Events at the Historic 1889 Building
Looking for a unique event location? Nectar Catering Events is in the historic 1889 Building. This is the oldest commercial building in downtown Spokane, built just after the fire of 1889. With soaring 20′ ceilings, old exposed brick and tastefully done decor, your group of 20 to 120 will enjoy the space for your upcoming gathering. Demand for our event space is at its highest but many great dates remain. January is also a great time to host a holiday party!
Find out more information about renting the historic 1889 Building here and then call our event lead at 509.951.2096
Tips for Holiday Party Planning
Below are a few ideas for planning your holiday get together.
- Time of Day can dramatically effect your budget: Hosting events from 4- to 6pm or 7 to 9pm can have a dramatic effect on your food and beverage budgets. These times convey “light appetizers” because people typically will eat at the 6pm hour. Events that go later into the evening tend to have higher beverage costs.
- Don’t over do it: There really isn’t a need to provide 8 different choices for appetizers. A spread of 3 to 4 appetizers is usually appropriate. If you want a larger variety then cut down on your quantity to avoid having a lot of left over food. Want to save a little on food but still offer a classy experience. Try a passed appetizer options. Experience shows that 70% of the normal quantity of food is needed for passed appetizers. You might need to pay a little extra to have additional servers on site but the food savings will offset that.
- Plan now: Get your event booked early. Waiting until mid-November to book a holiday party will significantly lower your choices on preferred dates. We have people book our event space in January for December events. Early planning will also give you greater peace of mind and will make your event less stressful.
- Consider a partially hosted bar: Bar bills can get out of control if you are hosting. One way to minimize your bill is to give your guests “drink tickets.” Tickets can be redeemed for the beverage of their choice. Once they spend their drink tickets they are welcome to buy more on their own dime. As a side note, consider offering Uber, Lyft or Taxi service at your event. Nothing will put the damper on the holiday spirit like a DUI, accident or lawsuit. It is the responsible thing to do.
- Think January: Extend the holiday spirit into the new year. Many prime event facilities book up quickly in December. A January event can save you money on event fees and often times allow more people to attend because their calendar is not booked up with other event invites. Nectar Catering and Events will offer early week and January discounts on our room rental rates too!